Friday, July 5, 2013

When You Strip A Way The Glamour.

by Dwight L. Quinn


You know the old wisdom "All that shine is not gold, and " Looks are Deceiving and so on. Well there's a whole lot of truth to those aged old pieces of wisdom. And I discovered it in my early days in the Music business, I came into the Business like most, totally with no reality at all, I told my reality to wait outside for me until I get back, I got this! Than all of a sudden I noticed that I went from eating choice cut fresh meat to can meat, potted meat,spam. I'm asking myself now what going wrong here, this is not the way it suppose to be, I'm in the record business. I' ll go to my office,put up the phone to make a call , no dial tone, so I leave but when I get the parking lot, guess what, my car is gone,so I calls the police so that I can make out a police report for a stolen car, well don't you have any idea who may have stolen your car the policeman would ask, and I would say yeah!,police would ask,than who and tell'em the Bank stole it. Man those days was rough when you leave reality waiting outside. 
I'm glad of one if nothing,else, my father always taught me and brothers to honest with your self first and you'll find it easy to honest with others. I realized that I was going to succeed at this business unless I go back and get my reality back and than go forth. 

Now I see my business as a business, a living entity that needs focused attention, that need to know not only who its customers are,but what they want, in terms of products and service. We don't second guest.
Don't be fooled Music is Entertaining but it takes Business management with planning to get it to and from the stag to the Bank.

 I average 20 working hours a day, trying to get Quinn Records TM right,  right doesn't mean that we're doing something that is wrong, right in our strategy that means,simply staying on course with our idea and plan. We're not in the Hit making business, we don't trade on Wall Street,we're in the Listening business specializing in Artist Development and  make music for, as they use to call it,"turn-table" use and  for customer who only like new music in their favorite genre and wants it right now. 

We're diverse, we build on diversification it gives us a broader base product line and allows us to keep niche music that identifies with an eager to served  Market making available the music that they are most familiar with thus rekindling again a useful and valuable product in today's  market. 

visit us online at; http://www.quinnrecords.net


No comments:

Post a Comment