Monday, July 1, 2013

WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS AM I REALLY IN ?

                                                                      
by Dwight L. Quinn          

First, I want to began by wishing all of you a very Happy and Safe 4th of July. And despite how bad our Economic condition may seem, we have always managed to overcome adversities and bounce back, that is the American way and we should first above any and  all things be conscious of that fact.
I don't think that there is not a day that goes by that I don't asked the question,What kind of business am I really in? And I asked that question regularly because sometimes you can loose your direction or should I say focus as to what it is that you are doing and where are you going? Well, over the years I finally narrowed that question down to two simple words that I clearly understood and thus the enlightenment put me directly on track and I began to see clearly what kind of  business that I was really in. The business that I'm really in with Quinn records TM is, the listening business. When I first started in this business I  was always  prepared to tell myself and anyone else who asked me, what kind of business am I in, I would be quick to answer by telling them that I was in the music business, or the record business and so on, but I notice that these terms was never clicking, they where empty, to broad, the music business was to generic, what was  really going on here? than it came together it dawn on me, I'm in the listening business.  Now all of my planning and goals are built around that business, the listening business.Now I feel perfectly at ease, my directions are clear and I'm comfortable at being the Clerk behind the counter at the Record Store.
And, that's the feeling that you're  get when you follow Quinn Records TM, we have the ability to let you hear our music first-hand at every opportune time that is made available and at what ever vehicle available to get it out to our fans. We make our music available for you to listen to it at your own convenience 24/7.
We know that it  is unusual for Record Labels to Market like other Industries, but thing changes, those changes can cause you to have change your course in order to continue be able to effectively compete in an ever changing Industry and Market.
Last week we had the good fortune to introduce to you our new CD Single Blues This Morning by James Gilbert (QR 121222-1) that became the top song on the new Blues CD Compilation,GO SLOW-Blues Crossing that was released this Spring.

Blues This Morning is a slow,moody soulful cut written by Eugene Smiley an awesome articulate song writer and composer.Smiley laid down a mixed of styles that you can easily pick on as you listen and involve with this song, for instant the piano part is much a Ray Charles signature, a melody that haunts you, and spells out Little Milton Campbell in all expects, the drive and mood puts you back to top of the sixties when Stax Records began to experiment with Soul and Specialty along with Peacock was putting a New spin on the way Blues licks was being laid down no more twelve bar Blues licks, the search was on for new sounding blues,Soul with deeper into the Church house. Blues This Morning got all of Old Soul flavor put into it. And James Gilbert a young up coming Bluester with powerful vocals is wailing out the sound that he heard from his mentors of the Blues and Soul arena. James has to be given an "E" for excellence for vocal job on Blues This Morning.

 It's moody! It's the Blues."Blues This Morning CD.
Available on CD Compilation;
Album: GO SLOW-Blues Crossing Cat.No. (QR121222-1)
Format: CD/CAS/12"Vinyl/ Digital Genre: Blues/Soul
Order Online: www.quinnrecords.net
 Published 6/27/2013

On Sales this 4th of July week is our ever-popular "Jazz On Washington Ave by Oliver Johnson for $ 9.98 and I really believe for you Jazz Lovers that Jazz On Washington Avenue is a long awaited works. Oliver Johnson put together an assemble of St. Louis legendary Jazz musician for Jazz On Washington Ave, that included jazz pianist,Henry Burns,St. Louis renowned bass play Raymond Eldridges Jr. and on drums, Wallace Alvin Troop, jazz and blues guitarist, Henry Taylor and horn,Oliver Johnson himself. The entertainment history of these talented musician are extensive, making Jazz On Washington Avenue a Jazz treasure.It's available on Sale at www.quinnrecords.net.

Quinn Records TM is known for it's Traditional Quartet Gospel catalog, that has the likes of, The Masonic Quintet, Albert Phillips & The Divine Messengers, Rev. Roy Page & The Spiritual Ares, Leroy Crisp & The Original Southern Harmonizers, Rev. Anderson Sparks & The St. Louis Silvertones, Elder Henry Moye & The Kirkwood Spiritual Ares and Charles O.Collier & The Original Golden Ares.Our Gospel catalog is a valued collection of a Artistry that is lacks the music industry today, but is a lave and well at Quinn Records TM. You order theses Great Gospel treasures online at Quinn Records TM 24/7 and get free shipping on our Volume Purchase program.Check us out at www.quinnrecords.net.

Quinn Records TM President Choice Channel at YouTube is a great tool designed for our fans. They have first-hand access to hear what Quinn music is being sent  and offered to Broadcast  Radio. I wanted my fans to hear what we are doing in this highly competitive Market that is coming from Quinn Records TM and YouTube is that vehicle being used to get  our music to our fans quick and fast, giving them, the fan the power to judge and decide the value of  our music. So, Quinn's President Choice is the place to visit and stay abreast to music we send to Radio. Now you our fans can stay in the know as to what we are doing and how our music is sounding,visit  Quinn's President Choice and Hear It-First.
New CD Single;
YouTube Quinn'President Choice Have a listen, "Blues This Morning" Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment